Monday, October 13, 2014

Testimonials




 Sarah has been the most wonderful therapist since our first session more than 5 months ago.  She is a true professional, bringing skill, experience, knowledge and compassion to her craft.  Sarah listens intently, displays the utmost respect for my feelings and concerns, and is proactive in suggesting various approaches to treat my specific issues. 
 I've interacted with many other skilled therapists over the last 10 years, but Sarah stands out among these highly trained professionals.  I always feel SO much better, with long-lasting effects, after a session with her.  I give her my utmost recommendation, and strongly encourage everyone to seek her wise counsel and therapeutic services. 
-Mary Johnson



I cannot speak highly enough about Sarah. I am an artist, working mostly in clay, and my carpel tunnel was causing me pain and discomfort. I had a hard time working. After physical therapy, anti-inflamitories, and electric muscle stimulation, recommended by my doctor, I had little relief. After the first sessions of clinical massage and acupuncture from Sarah I felt amazing relief! No Pain and no tightness! After a few more treatments my hands were back to their former glory! Now I see her every few months and each time I leave feeling renewed. Beyond her technical skill she is a joy to see and she really listens to you and your concerns.
-Shannon Roman


When I had the good fortune of meeting Sarah in 2009, I had been suffering for nearly a year with severechronic pain in my low back, hips, and legs. A vehicle collision resulted in herniated, ruptured discs in my lumbar spine and severe sciatica on both sides from my gluteal muscles all the way to my toes. At that time, I had already been through a dozen pain management doctors, chiropractors, and massage therapists, all of which seemed to have a one-size-fits-all approach to treatment, and none of which gaveme any relief. On most days, the pain kept me in bed and I was unable to do even the most basic daily tasks, such as reaching down to tie my shoelaces, or pulling the blankets up to make the bed. At only age35, I had mentally and emotionally resigned myself to somehow learning to accept a life of severe chronic pain. Sarah was the first care provider who I truly felt was compassionate about my plight, who listened with such great attentiveness to what I was going through, and who put much time and thought into developing a treatment plan that would not only give me relief from the physical pain, but most importantly – hope for a better quality of life, mentally and emotionally. Her multifaceted approach for me focused primarily on deep tissue massage targeted to specific areas of pain and trigger points, rather than the same generic whole-body relaxation massage that all other therapists before her had used. This, coupled with myofascial release, acupuncture, guasha, cupping, Chinese herbs, nutritional recommendations, and a genuinely concerned listening ear finally brought me the relief I so desperately needed. She taught me appropriate exercises, stretches, and adjustments in movement for daily tasks to control inflammation and muscle spasms. On days when I was in too much pain to get out of bed, Sarah cheerfully brought her massage table to me, and was more than happy to provide treatments for me in my home. Most importantly, working with Sarah led me to decide against the spinal fusion surgery that four different neurosurgeons had recommended, which, had I gone through, I am convinced would have eventually bound me to a wheelchair.Choosing Sarah’s approach over pain medications and surgical intervention, she was my only care provider for three years, and I consider her a miracle worker. Today, I can walk, skip, jump, get on a plane, and hike in the hills. Today, I can put on my own socks and do my own laundry and make my own bed. Today, I can pick up my 2-year old nephew and swing him around in the air. There are no words to express the depth of my gratitude, but I thank her daily, from the core of my being, for her relentless dedication in helping me heal. Sarah gave me back my life, when I had no hope. Imagine what she can do for you.- Jennifer Huntley




Sarah is amazing she is a tiny girl who somehow can do really deep pressure if you need it.  She has an amazing personality and I am happy to call her a friend.  
-Holly Leach


No comments:

Post a Comment